 Pirates / 3088
    Highlanders! —Richie Dulin
   Ahoy Taking a break from the Grande Armie of the South Pacific, I came up with some highlanders as guards for the Brikkish Embassy in Port Brique. (URL) kilts are a bit too short, but using 1x1 bricks (rather than 2 2x1 plates made the kilts too (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs) !

        Re: Highlanders! —Joe Meno
     (...) Your figs caught my attention...really nicely done! The kilt/legs are a neat solution! As for the bagpipe, hm...(this is off the top of my head) Short lengths of flex tube for the pipes, with a grey light saber blade for the bottom tuning (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

         Re: Highlanders! —Joe Meno
     Another thought might be to a set of control levers to make all the pipes. Joe Meno (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

         Re: Highlanders! —Richie Dulin
     (...) Now there's an idea.... Thanks for the suggestion... I'll report back on results. Cheers Richie (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.minifigs)

        Re: Highlanders, and the South Pacific Military Tattoo and Review —Richard Parsons
     Impressive. They can make...kilts. Very nice dude. It is amazing how you can take the everyday, non-minifig accessory (tyres, 1x2 plates), and turn out grade A military. Love it. Might be hard to get them to march though, yes? I feel a South Pacific (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

         South Pacifique Military developments (was Re: Highlanders, and the South Pacific Military Tattoo..) —Richie Dulin
     (...) Not as hard as you might think.... (and they can crouch too!) (URL) apologies for the photo quality, naturally). I've also been playing with the sticker printer... and present (again with photo quality apologies) my Spanish, Austrian and (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

         Re: South Pacifique Military developments (was Re: Highlanders, and the South Pacific Military Tattoo..) —Soren Roberts
     Niice. If TLG ever made these figs (probably not), I'd break the bank making an army or three. Keep up the good work! Take care, Soren (21 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Highlanders! —Tom Reed
     (...) Nice job Richie, The kilts look really nice! Tom (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

        Re: Highlanders! —Kenneth Tam
     (...) Ach! (...) Well, they're Scots in a climate much warmer than they're used to, I suppose. Need to keep cool... And nicely done! I've been wrestling with paper-add-on kilts of one sort or another for the past two months -- a brick solution never (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

         Re: Highlanders! —Richie Dulin
     In lugnet.pirates, Kenneth Tam writes: <snip> (...) I've been using good quality printing plus poor quality glue, with that in mind, for the latest troops. (...) I'll give it a try. Control levers seem the most likely solution. (And a pipe band (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Highlanders! —Michael Dallaston
     (...) You are in a prime position to tell us, sir - What do they wear under those 1x2 plates? Michael Dallaston (Carrying on up the Khyber) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

        Re: Highlanders! —Ken Bailey
   In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin writes: snip (...) Hi Richie, Have you thought about using the Turbans from the Harry Potter/New Adventurer series to creat some Indian troops, eg; Bengal Lancers ? I know they are not regular troops but they sure (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

        Re: Highlanders! —Don Cox
     I thought of Brits verses East Indians as soon as I saw the new Orient line. I was also thinking of the 3 new sets due out later this year for Chinese verses the Ninja. Or possibly Chinese verses Mongol. But unless TLC releases these miniigs in (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs)

        Re: Highlanders! —Richie Dulin
   (...) Yes, but so far I've only got a single turban, and that's purple :) With turban's coming out this year in white, black and red, I'm likely to build the odd lancer... unfortunately, with the black and white turbans only in the scorpion palace (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.minifigs)