 Pirates / 2425 (-20)
  Re: Hulls + masts COMBI ** Extra info**

Replying to my own posting... aaarrghh. After processing some orders and answering several 'better-info' inquiries I think I should make my 'stunt-offer' more clear to you all. I think Dutch, but write English. That's my problem, sorry. Oké, a clear (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Hulls + masts COMBI =>> STUNT

WRONG PLACE for a commercial announcement, I KNOW!! BUT: for a period of 2 weeks I would like to give TEH READERS OF THIS GROUP a chance to obtain enough Hulls, accompanied by the correct Mast-set for that specific ship !! In my BB-shop there are (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Whatever happened to?

I'm doing a bit of cleanup of my web pages, thanks to prodding by Daniel Spiegel. Does anyone know about any of the following: Stephen Gabriel: (URL) Reed: efforts at using inverse slopes to replace center sections (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: While Browsing Brickshelf...

In lugnet.pirates, Cale Leiphart writes: <snip> (...) I like it too. Which set did the 2x2 round decorated tile come from which is shown in this pic: (URL) like it would be a great piece to use in the cab of a steam loco. f.u.t. lugnet.trains -- (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  medieval warships

Hi all, Hmm, seems like several of us are on a spree of building medieval warships. I recently (finally) got brown boat hull pieces, and want to make a medieval warship, you know the kind with a crenelated tower at the front and back. Can anyone (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Cannons?

This is probably a stupid question, but when did cannons come into use? Would a ship in the 'castle' era have cannons? (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: While Browsing Brickshelf...

(...) Thanks It was meant for the Isle of mist. Most of the other people were going a more futuristic route with their airships so I thought I'd try for a more traditional sailing ship look. Its my fist attempt at a big ship of any kind. I think it (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  While Browsing Brickshelf...

I came across the following cool little ship by Cale Leiphart: (URL) It's got little propellers, so it's probably meant for the Isle of Mist over in .castle.org.cw, but take off the props and it's a very cool little pirate ship in its own right. Go (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate fleets

(...) probably too large. The largest ship the game deals with would be a 16-wide with 4 center sections (one more than the BSB or SES). With the campaign game playing we've been doing at Brickfest, we've got no where close to using the bigger (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate fleets

Are only official Pirate sets allowed? I would like to use this ship I built for more than gathering dust and dead bees. (URL) also have a Pirate display in my comic shop. Here are some real crummy pics. (URL) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  problems with riggings

Hello, I've bought new mast set from BSB, but the problems occured. One of the riggings seems to be too short. I've looked to BSB instruction scans and I've noticed the mainmast base and ends of its riggings are on the same level, while the altmast (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fan-freakin-tastic source for historical ships!!!!

(...) Building an ancient Greek style warship of some kind has always been one of my lego dreams. Any pics of that online? Or are there any pics that anyone knows of other attempts at recreating a trireme/bireme? cheers Magnus (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fan-freakin-tastic source for historical ships!!!!

Hey Bruce, go for it, I dare you! See how many minifig rowers can be crammed into the hold of a ship, stacked in three levels so tight they barely have room to move the oars! Oh, wait, that makes it easy. The real challenge is that they be able to (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Curator

I've been enabled as curator of lugnet.pirates so if you have anything you'd like to see on the page let me know. I will be moving some of the links from my pages onto the Pirates link page in the next week or so. Perhaps this would be a good time (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fan-freakin-tastic source for historical ships!!!!

(...) Thanks for posting - I'll wade through this stuff as opportunity presents. I've been meaning to try a Trireme at some point. Bruce (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fan-freakin-tastic source for historical ships!!!!

(...) I built a bireme recently. I got some good information from the Trireme Trust web page (easy to find, hard to load.) They are the folks who crew the Olympias, shown in color on that page. But I had no access to anything like all those (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Fan-freakin-tastic source for historical ships!!!!

Holy cow is this a good site! I entered "bireme pictures" in google and got my socks knocked off: (URL) was lookin' for pictures (and got 'em), and got buried under an avalanch of information about anything that resembled a boat from 2600 BC to 16 (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate game speed

Mr. Jackson, I believe I have an idea that may help. Bear in mind, this is a new face, first post, longtime lurker. My idea: when new players show up, give them command some of the GM (legitimate military-"soldiers," if you will-- EG Imperial (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate game speed

(...) I'm sure Steve is delighted at 6290/6290--more hulls, even if they're not the good brown kind. And, of course, MORE PIRATE DUDES! (...) It seemed to work well, even when Larry was busy shooting at seagulls and guano (long story). The upgrade (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate game speed

(...) Well... (yea I know, I'm sure you're busy putting out all those nifty products which actually bring in the bucks to let you buy more LEGO...). (...) What neat stuff? I haven't checked your website lately... (...) One thing I haven't had to (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact