 Pirates / 2135 (-20)
  Re: The Next Grey Monster.

(...) root (in someone else). (...) Welcome to the dark side, my friend. We've missed you. (...) Can hardly wait! ObCompDork: Why is this in .pirates instead of .boats? (or .build?) Is it going to be in the pirate game? (I may need to rethink my (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: The Next Grey Monster.

Mr L F Braun wrote in message ... (...) omigawd Lindsay, how are you going to get it to the fest? Hire a semi? :-) Kevn ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Next Grey Monster.

Another fine evening of work. Look at it go! It's now officially too big to move into another room in one piece, now that it has a stern (but no fantail yet--darn this fitting-out process!): (URL) I'm definitely in the "I don't own enough LEGO" and (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ship's Chandlers...

(...) You too, eh? I've been wrestling with this one for quite a while. Here are a few versions I've come up with (colour scheme just to illustrate different types of pieces): (URL) Fences held at the top by five-stud 1x1 - gap btw fence and frame, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ship's Chandlers...

(...) I've been experimenting with the old 4x1x2 lattice fence pieces on end for use as ship's windows. I haven't yet come up with a solution which doesn't leave an ugly gap between the two panes, but the maths always works with LEGO eventually, so (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ship's Chandlers...

(...) I might have one or two of them to trade with you. I own a Black Seas Barracuda which sits idol-like on my top shelf but my brother once got a governor ship which got destroyed when our dog attacked it *audience hushes in shock*. If I can (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Next Grey Monster.

(...) Thanks, it's a ton of work and a ton of tan. Am I goofy for wishing there was a colder lighter tan? (Not the Belville tan, btw...) As for the ship name, I must point out that HMS Agamemnon is a "she", yet has a clearly male-originated name. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ship's Chandlers...

Hi Richard, I picked up four white ones a about 12 months ago on ebay in pirate piece lot. They came in handy for the BSB I was rebuilding. You'll just have to keep a sharp eye out on all the usual lego haunts and not expect to get a bargain. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Next Grey Monster.

(...) he's beautiful?) Just beautiful. (...) I like 'em. I need to get in closer though :-) (...) Sounds good to me. We're still tacking towards a piratefest over here, and I had idly wondered how turning up in a 1940's kit British Hunt Class (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ship's Chandlers...

Hi Richard :-) I've been on the lookout for rectangular lattice inserts for a while at Brickbay, and they come up in ones & twos every now and again. I tend not to bother with small volumes like that... On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Richard Parsons (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: what sets include the 6 wide boat pieces?

Hello! For black pieces look: (URL) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: The Next Grey Monster.

(...) Hmmm, well, I took another semi-teaser of the ship in "fitting-out" (albeit without her stern 20% in place-- the ship's too long for the room otherwise) as it stands this evening: (URL) Complete up to the main deck over 80% of its length. X (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Next Grey Monster.

(...) ships. My reaction was very simple: "YYEEEEEEEESSSSS" Pleased to hear you didn't go with the Japanese cruiser - it was Jap cruisers that accounted for many of the escort carriers sunk in WWII, and I'm a bit fond of escort carriers. ( (URL) ) (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Ship's Chandlers...

After something of a hiatus, marked by the construction of WWII vessels as well as starships and other spacecraft, there is once again a bustle around the slips at Port Block, as fitting out begins on new three centre section, wide, brown-hulled (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: what sets include the 6 wide boat pieces?

(...) I have a few in my brickbay shop: (URL) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: what sets include the 6 wide boat pieces?

(...) It's getting tough to get them. I'm trying to think if current sets include anything other than green, hm, yes, 5955 All Terrain Trapper (2 grey) 5935 Island Hopper (1 white) 1354 Dino Head Attack (1 green) Check my web page: (URL) some older (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: what sets include the 6 wide boat pieces?

(...) The best source for the pieces in light grey is still, IMHO, 7131 Naboo Fighter (comes with two). I'm not sure they exist in dark grey, but in black I have a bunch from RES-Q sets and I'm not sure where else. LFB (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  what sets include the 6 wide boat pieces?

What sets (current preferably) include the 6 wide boat pieces? In particular I am after grey, dk grey and mabie black but any color would probobly help (except red or yellow) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  My Weather Spreadsheet for the Pirate Game

Hey, its been too quiet on the list lately. I guess everyone is busy getting ready for BrickFest, which unfortunately I won't be able to attend. Anyways, after playing a few games I wanted a better system for determining the wind changes at the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

(...) I think a standardized card for official sets would be nice. As far as the info I asked for for Pirate sets, feel free to put any or all of it onto one of the standard MOC cards, my main interest is to try and collect some information in (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact