 Pirates / 1925 (-20)
  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Well, I suppose technically, this is part of the July surprise. (...) I sincerely doubt this is old stock. They are re-releasing some older sets. Jimmy Park (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

(...) It's too bad you didn't find one on clearance! They were being sold for $20 apiece or so in my state towards the end of their shelf life. (...) Don't let my sour post hamper your enjoyment of the set! I think that any of the large pirate ships (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) I'm afraid I have agree. I obtained the forklift, for example, as a discounted set sold as a Shop at Home Special. Why would Lego reintroduce a set in new packaging that it had to discount to get rid of in the USA??? Daniel (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

(...) I suppose you could look at it like that, (personally, I don't own one, not because of design, but because I couldn't afford one at the time that they were generally available). What interests me (and probably most other Pirateers, new and (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Why aren't we going crazy? I think someone already has! Lego HAVEN'T dropped the Technic line and it IS on the website, if you know where to look. (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

(...) Blaaagg! Why are they reissuing set 6289 Red Beard Runner? That was the final "large ship" in the line, and notorious for the poor design quality compared to earlier pirate ships. It'd make more sense for them to reissue one of the first (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

Crazy? Perhaps a bit of an overstatement, but I'm excited to see those new (old) Pirate ships and that Technic front end loader! Lego has completely dropped the Technic line, its not on their website and only a tiny number are in the last catalog I (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

(...) I agree. During my dark ages I would still go into toy shops and while I didn't buy anything I seemed to have impeccable taste. The sets I would have bought were the pirate ships and original space shuttle launch pads sets. Sets which sell for (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) If you didn't get one word of that, let me interpret: EITHER PIRATES ARE (...) Some thoughts why I am not going crazy: - Last year a lot of #6280 were sold at a german toy shop chain, although the Pirate theme wasn´t listed in the catalogue (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

Man, you have NO IDEA how crazy this is making me!!! I am freakin' out trying to figure out how to finance the new Potter line, part sets to buy from current stock, anticipation of new Star Wars and Castle, and NOW I have to concern myself with the (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) I didn't notice this thread (or the thread that inspired it) until just this morning. I would be glad to have regular access to the two pirate sets in question because it means I will likely purchase several more of each (I think I already (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) I think ill leave going crazy untill I see some of the old 12v or early 9v trains, in new packaging. This is great news if you are a pirate fan though! Lee. (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Why aren't we going crazy?!?

We should be going crazy. Think this over: -We see old technic and town sets clearly in modern boxes (e.g. labeled city center) -We see two pirate sets in all new packaging -Lego dosn't usually make new packaging for just two sets, or limit them to (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

(...) But it's great news for anyone looking to get into Pirates for the first time (thus this posting)! Wow. Look at that page. Funky. I wonder what the story is? all best Lindsay (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: June and Pirates?

(...) I just noticed Chris will be in California 6/2 to 6/12. I'm wondering if we can pull this off. The weekends I can do are: June 8 to June 10 June 15 to June 17 June 29 to July 1 As last possible dates: June 22-24 (we have our GATS show that (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Some gorgeous work

(...) Indeed it is! Ben Beneke emailed me that link a little while ago since we were talking about Castles and Pirates. That's a great site with a lot of nice touches. I like the market area. I've found several ideas I want to borrow from as things (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Some gorgeous work

(...) Indeed it is! Ben Beneke emailed me that link a little while ago since we were talking about Castles and Pirates. That's a great site with a lot of nice touches. I like the market area. I've found several ideas I want to borrow from as things (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Some gorgeous work

Castle and pirate lovers - check out this gallery over at the German 1000steine site - (URL) is some really excellent work. Bryan (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  amazing Japanese space pirate ship

Hey, I was checking out some local auctions and came across this totally unique MoC. Not strictly pirate, but pirate anyway. (URL) Barker chris@superfami.com (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Cool Lego Site of the Week

(...) It also allows one to have really nice touches like that fantail, which for me was the highlight of the ship. Oh, that, and the imagination of the sheer terror of finding out the ship only has room for 23 on the lifeboats..."d'oh!" What (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact