 People / 838
Re: Tension and getting mean
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:54:49 GMT

In lugnet.people, Jude Beaudin wrote:

Is it my imagination, or people getting meaner in 'heated' discussions
not started in off-topic.debate. Mladen's Mecha Legs, Nelug's age limitation
are recent examples.

These types of threads come around occasionally.  I think it was just
unfortunate coincidence that two of them came so close together.

I understand the ability and need to express diverging views but insulting,
yelling and swearing seem to becoming more common.

It almost always seems that way.

Does this mean the "honeymoon" is over for Lugnet?

Maybe.  The honeymoon was actually over months ago.

Let me know if I posted this to the appropriate group so Shiri does not have to
when she returns. After all she is gonna be busy redirecting all the miss
directed posts.:-)

Yeah, I think this was a good place for it.

Steve