 Parts / 195
Re: Lego Parts You Hate....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.parts
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:01:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Timothy Gould wrote:

   What say ye.... what pieces don’t you like?

Gary Istok

Oooh. Fun game... I discovered a new piece just last night which I already hate. Don’t own any or know what it’s called (2x2 tall dome?) but it is a single part which could be made from a 2x2 round with a 2x2 dome on top. I can see absolutely no reason for this piece to exist.

These are nice for single color steam domes. I never liked the notched edges on 2x2 round brick.

   On a related topic 1x2x2 bricks are pretty dastardly too, 1xNx5 is useful as it is structurally sounder than 5 1xN but 1x2x2 is pointless... in the sin bin for both of them.

My initial reaction to this part was of a similar vein, but I recently built a large retainer wall, using mostly 1xNx5 and 2xNx1 bricks. And the 1x2x2 helped to reduce the seam lines in the ramped section. They are useful as they have a center axel socket on the bottom (as do the 1x2x5 version).

If this had hollow studs, I’d be even happier. Even beter would be all brick and plates with hollow studs.

Another reason I like it, I can often place a decal without having to STAMP. They also look nice as the metal panels between the windows on train passenger cars.

Mat