 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 154 (-20)
  Re: TEXLUG Meeting Wrap-up

(...) I know I had a really good time! (...) The ship was "The Sea Snake!", the outpost was Morgan's hideaway!, and the boxcar was not my original design..I think I got the idea from Jason McKee (I hope that's the right name..my apologies if I made (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG Meeting Wrap-up

(...) Hear!Hear! (...) (who took its revenge on the Cathedral) (...) (I was crazy enough to, if only you hadn't held me back-lol) (...) Yes it was a great afternoon in which I had a most execellent time.Thanks to all who made it a great afternoon! (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG Meeting Wrap-up

(...) I know I did! Christina says she did too, but I know whether she did or not she'd say that ;) (...) Lobot rocks! :) (...) But was an important introduction into the world of lego trains for those who were unfamiliar. (...) I'd like to point (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  TEXLUG Meeting Wrap-up

Take a look at all the great MOCs at the meeting: (URL) meeting was a great success. I think everyone had a great time and enjoyed the gathering. We met on Saturday at Jason's house in Austin. We started at 10am and stayed until after 6pm. We had a (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Photos from the gathering

My photos from the Spring 2002 TEXLUG/AFOLT gathering are online at: (URL) had lots of fun, thanks for coming everyone! (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  TEXLUG Meeting

I just wanted to thank Jason, Laura, and TJ for their effort in organizing today's TEXLUG meeting. If I forgot anyone that assisted in organizing today's meeting, I apologize. Today's meeting was alot of fun. For what it's worth, I would encourage (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: MOCs for the TEXLUG meeting

(...) I've been struggling to get bricklink orders in in time for the meeting, so I could bring this: (URL) the orders came in. What can I say, I'm a proud papa. --Anthony (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  MOCs for the TEXLUG meeting

So what has everyone been building for the upcoming TEXLUG meeting? Hopefully something good. I've had the MOC contest prizes staring me in the face for too long now and they might not make it to the meeting MISB ;-) I'm really excited about (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  TEXLUG Meeting- Final Reminder

To All AFOLs In Texas, If you haven't seen the posts yet, we're having a meeting next Saturday, March 9th. The meeting will be in Austin at Jason Spangler's house, and will last from 10am to 8pm. If you haven't emailed me yet, and would like to go, (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Reply to Two Messages

Note: If this message ends up getting posted twice in the same newsgroup, my apologies, but the original ended up getting posted to the Castle NG only at first. Reply #1: I have seen TJ's announcement regarding the meeting date (March 9), and I (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Enter the Red Dragon

My friends, the next chapter of the Chronicles of Ikros is online. You could argue that this is the best set of picture editing I've ever done, but you'll just have to judge for yourself, won't ya? So I am proud to give you... Chapter 25 of the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  TEXLUG Meeting: March 9

Hey Texas AFOLs, We're going to have a meeting in March, and the date has been picked: Saturday, March 9th. The meeting will take place in Austin, at the house of Jason Spangler. The meeting will be from 10am to 8pm. Out of the many responses I've (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou, lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw)

  Re: TEXLUG Meeting & MOC Contest

(...) I've heard from a few people so far, but I still haven't heard from most of the bunch that made it to the last meeting. If you're interested in going, please email me. On another note, there's been an interest in bringing 12v trains. I would (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG Meeting & MOC Contest

Hey TJ, My vote is for March 9! I may not be able to make it March 16 as that's a work day for me. Tom (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  TEXLUG Meeting & MOC Contest

Howdy Texas AFOLs! The first TEXLUG meeting of 2002 will take place on March 9 or March 16 (see note 1) at Jason Spangler's house in Austin, TX. Please email me (at tja@texbrick.com) with your response. I will send out more information via email (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Re: Congrats to TJ!!!

(...) Thanks guys. It's kinda fun and I enjoy the work. I'm hoping to create a "one-stop-shopping" sort of reference so that people, in the future, will be able to find all the information they need. TJ (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Congrats to TJ!!!

I second Shawn's good wishes to TJ, and I submit my compliments. I was going to ask exactly what a Curator of Technic Newsgroups does until the lightbulb went on and I took a look myself...in the Technic Newsgroup!! (duh) Looks like an armload, TJ, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Congrats to TJ!!!

For those of us that don't check out half the newsgroups: Congratulations to TJ for being named curator of the Technic newsgroups. I will say it is well deserved, and we know he will do great, just like he's done organizing Texlug. Once again (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Cheap LEGO

(...) tactics-- (...) I saw that at our new Tuesday Morning in the Hudson Valley, NY. But I also discovered that if you just push the paper against the items on the shelf, you could read the sets and prices very easily (no one was looking, of (...) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Cheap LEGO

(...) Uh, well, actually I'm in Northern California (I bet it was the "y'all" that had you fooled wasn't it? Not my hijacking a local thread!) But it seems the TM's are the same all over-- a let down. 'Course YTMMV (yes, could be Your Tuesday (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact