Re: January 28th, 2006 SMART Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 05:12:19 GMT

I could use some clarification on the track material and layout.  I've been
using the paper track that comes with the mindstorm kit to practice and just
realized the line is 1" wide.  It sounds like you are going to use a 3/4"
line instead.  Is this correct?  If so, are you just using some electrical
tape or something else?  I'd like to practice using the same thing that will
be used at the meeting to ensure it actually works and I'm worried that the
material might matter (shiny black tape vs dull black line on paper track).

Also, from your description it sounds like the track will be a 12" lane with
a black "T" down the middle.  The starting line is the top/horizontal line
of the "T" and the lane is marked down the center with the vertical part of
the "T" and is 8' - 24' long.  If so, will the cars start behind the
starting line (top of the "T") and have to find the vertical line past that
or will they start on the actual vertical part of the track?

Anyone know how to do line art to illustrate the layout? :)

We're looking forward to the meeting.

Ben, Matthew, and Christopher

p.s.  I talked to Soren Lund at CES for a while about the NXT; learned about
David "my lips are sealed" Schilling's involvement in the project and also
brought back a small gift for everyone from the guys at Lego (don't get too
excited - emphasis is on small).

"David Schilling" <davidlnREMOVE@SPAMBOTsunteleia.com> wrote in message
Reminder - in two weeks we'll have our 5th anniversary SMART meeting. The
location is Digipen, the time, 2pm. Meetings usually go to around 5pm, and
often
people gather together for dinner at Red Robin afterwards.

Check the previous post for rules, but the mini-challenge is to build a
drag
racing robot that will detect the end of the course, and return to the
starting
line. We'll also talk about the up-coming Robot display for Easter
weekend -
members can participate by building a GBC module, or an Easter Egg finding
robot. Also at the meeting we'll discuss this year's Grand Challenge.

--
David Schilling