 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 12
Re: New LUG -- RichLUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:12:28 GMT

Stephen F Roberts <wubwub@wildlink.com> wrote in message

...Well, not sure if wamalug is the best one to give a presentation on how • to
set up and run a successful lug!!! Seeing as we seem to be having our own
internal problems (which I suppose is common in any group).

...The best thing I can say: have regular meetings and get togethers so • everyone
feels comfortable around their building buddies. set up an egroups mailing • list
and keep up the chatter to also foster community. and never let reality
interfere with having a good time :-)

I named WAMALUG mainly because of proximity to Richmond.  I agree that the
group will have to develop on its own.  But there is no use reinventing the
wheel if we can gather tips from others.  I guess these are all questions
for our first meeting.

One potential touchy point that probably needs to be discussed at some point
is - Is RichLug going to be adults only (18 and over)?  I know that NeLUG's
website had some commentary on this issue and I think that it is an
important one.  I guess it depends on the extent of activities in which the
group will be involved.  Things to think about.

Tim