 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 3
Re: New LUG -- RichLUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:53:24 GMT

It's good to know that there are a few other souls here in the Richmond area
that share the hobby.  Thanks for taking the initial steps to getting this
set up.  Besides the website (which is a great start), what has been done so
far?  Do we have a headcount yet?  Any suggestions on an initial meeting
date and location?  Has there been any discussion with any other LUGs
(WamaLug, etc.) regarding set up issues, ideas, pitfalls to avoid, etc.?
Maybe at one of the initial meetings we should invite someone from WamaLug
(since they are closest) to give a small presentation on how to set up and
run a successful LUG.

Here's a brief Rollcall for me - 29 years old - dark ages were 1986-1996 -
Town, Space, and Castle are favorites (I don't really get into any subthemes
per se and I not much of a technic person but I admire what people can do
with technic) - current project is working on a town - have nine buildings
so far (but no website yet).

Rich, thanks again for getting the ball rolling.

Tim

Rich Schoonover <rwschoonover@earthlink.net> wrote in message
Hi

I just wanted to announce that I am starting a LUG here in Richmond Va. I
have several friends who are interested in taking part in this endeavor • and
we would like to welcome anyone who wants to take a look at our activities
in the future to come by the website and browse around.

http://communities.msn.com/RichLUGWebsite

[snip]
Thanks

Rich Schoonover