 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 9
Re: New LUG -- RichLUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:55:01 GMT

Rich Schoonover <rwschoonover@earthlink.net> wrote in message
Thanks for all the support.  I wasn't sure if I was going to be foolish in
doing setting up a LUG or not.  I think we will have to let our group here
in Richmond develop on its own without intervention.  I will always be • here
to be keep it going.  I think sometimes it is better to let groups develop
naturally without any true organization.  I want to allow a forum where
fellow enthusiasts can voice there opinions and there plans openly and • share
ideas and maybe even common goals.  I have been a part of many different
kinds of groups in the past, and the best policy is to deal with things as
they come.  I am sure that other LUGS have had probelms, but we will have • to
deal with ours in our own way.  Before we get to far ahead of ourselves we
need to hear from all who are interested in this area that can attend
meetings.

I agree.  Informal is the best way to start out.  Let the group kind of flow
where it wants to go.

At this point I only have a few members that have joined the
website.  That is how I am taking official count right now.  So if you • want
your head counted get to the website
http://communities.msn.com/RichLUGWebsite and become a member.  I know • there
are still a few people I haven't heard from yet that I am expecting too. • It
is still early yet to hear from everyone.  I am thinking our first meeting
will be on Jan. 31st.  That isn't firm.

Thanks for all of your input.

I'm signed in.

Tim