Re: Greenburg Show?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:46:27 GMT

Regarding a layout in general, my opinion would be to go GMLTC style with
the modules (3 48x48 baseplates by 2 in area, build up the modules 26 studs
high I believe.  That's a TON of bricks (I've helped work on a project of
that scale before) but its well worth the effect that you get.  Though for
this show I understand you're trying to start something quick, but if
there's ever a serious NELTC or something to that effect in the area, GMLTC
style is the way to go.

Well I think there is a reason why the GMLTC is the only group doing a layout
like this.  They are the only ones with 2.1 million bricks to work with.
Personally I don't think we would come remotely close to that many if you took
all of our collections together and multiplied it by 3 or 4.

Ideally I would love to do this but it really isn't realistic for our club.  We
just don't have the resources unless someone is hiding a stash of LEGO that I
don't know about.

I think that the PNLTC, WAMALUG/LTC, NGLTC, GFLTC, etc. have done a great job
with the tables.  Plus it is a differance in cost between $150-$200 and several
thousand dollars.

But hey if someone wants to donate 2.1 million bricks to our group I'm game
;-).

(By the way when do you get to Boston for school?)

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/