Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 17:33:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.org.us, Richard Franks writes:

She raised the issue of membership, that is a positive step.

It would have been far more positive if she had contacted NELUG directly,
rather than attempting to "shame" us into changing our policies by bringing it
up with a wide crosspost on Lugnet.

If the original post was only sent to lugnet.org.us.nelug group then would that
have been acceptable?

In which the issue is addressed addressed maturely. Please try to refrain
from making personal comments as that does nothing to further the debate,
especially when they appear to be unfounded. It seems most likely to generate
more trolls given the circumstances :(

It was neither unfounded nor untopical.

You misread -- I never mentioned the topicity of the subject.

It is founded (ie backed up) by the post she made- the way she thought it was
appropriate to begin the discussion.

That's *your* read.

As a discussion group, I think it's entirely reasonable to cross-post to gauge
opinions.

Richard