 Organizations / United States / 556
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 17:10:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Richard Franks writes:

She raised the issue of membership, that is a positive step.

It would have been far more positive if she had contacted NELUG directly,
rather than attempting to "shame" us into changing our policies by bringing it
up with a wide crosspost on Lugnet.  We are not hard people to get ahold of.
Our webpage has contact info (he said without looking to be sure it was true)
and, barring that, Lugnet thoughtfully provides every poster's email address.

In which the issue is addressed addressed maturely. Please try to refrain from
making personal comments as that does nothing to further the debate,
especially
when they appear to be unfounded. It seems most likely to generate more trolls
given the circumstances :(

It was neither unfounded nor untopical.

It is founded (ie backed up) by the post she made- the way she thought it was
appropriate to begin the discussion.

It is topical because it is exactly the core of the discussion- that, IMHO,
NELUG was started as a group for ADULTS.  I am interested in this aspect
SPECIFICALLY to avoid things like this.

eric