 Organizations / United States / 555
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 17:03:04 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Shiri Dori writes:

Ah, I knew the drinking issue would come up.

Here's my stand on this:
I don't drink. I have no reason to.

Well, I'm not exactly urging you to take it up, but...

I cannot drink, as I am allergic to grapes,

OH MY GOD! (Oh wait, I'm a heathen.) This would be unbearable.  Can you
trade in your body for one that works properly?  The fermented juice of the
grape is one of life's great pleasures.  :-)

But more seriously, there's lots to drink that has no grape.

and moreso, I don't *want* to drink. If I were offered a drink, I'd
turn it down. I can give you my word for that.

Don't sell alcohol consumption short.  It's a pretty neat facet of life for
those who handle it well.  There are food and drink combinations that are so
much better together than one of them alone that I think I can really say that
you don't know what you're missing.

Chris
(hoping it's OK to inject levity into a serious discussion)