Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 15:51:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Richard Franks writes:
<snip>

I just read this whole subtree and I would like to reiterate Frank's call for
setting followups on posts carefully.

If what you are discussing is generic to all LUGs, it ought to be to org.us NOT
to org.us.nelug. Try to phrase it in the form of a question or a suggestion
rather than as invective, though, hm? That we all managed to get Eric Kingsley
to swear just amazes me. I've met him and in person he's about as laid back as
you'd ever care to see (well, not as laid back as Conan, but you get my drift).

If what you are discussing is specific to NELUG, fine, go ahead and set it to
org.us.nelug but consider that while you can comment and give advice it's an
NELUG internal affair. This is a point that several people have tried to make
which doesn't seem to be sinking in. You may not like it, you may wish you
could tell them how to run things, but you can't. Only voting members can.

Further, while you can say "I want NELUG to have my opinion so I'm posting
there", I suppose... the org.us.nelug group was set up to be FOR NELUG, not for
the general public. Stray posts aren't that big a deal, but it's shadowed to
email for NELUG members and so forth and you've just innundated them. The
charter isn't very clear about this but it really really is a group for NELUG
and posting in it by outsiders may not be all that productive if done in a mean
spirited way.

You can go back to ignoring wubwub now... :-)
++Lar