 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 2794 (-20)
  Re: When the world was young - thoughts

(...) We considered this during construction. I was reminded of Neil's uber-cool mounted knight whose horse could run fast and cast portal, while the rider could cast crazy-powerful spells. So in order to avoid being accused of cheating, we made (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young - thoughts

Quoting Joe Comeau <joecomeau@earthlink.net>: (...) Ya. (...) Ok - Do ballista get stupendous feats? 3 of them? :) (...) I said "a bit" faster :) Not a lot, but I certainly have more of an idea of what's going on, and might feel more comfortable (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young - thoughts

Quoting Shaun Sullivan <shaun_sullivan@irco.com>: (...) Perfectly understanable - we didn't do it, but thought about it and decided against it - I seem to remember some story about a super crazy hero on a super crazy horse that both got decapitated (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

"Jennifer L. Boger" <jenn@peeron.com> wrote in message news:HE5y1E.1qL6@lugnet.com... (...) happened (we (...) Just s quick FYI...I haev the write-up done, but I can't link the pics in until I get home tomorrow :( (...) NOTHING (...) items. Fine (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young - thoughts

(...) All right, Just in case some of these baseless accusations are levelled at me :P ... None of my troops exceeded the 50 CP limit. The ones that might have seemed to surpass this only did so because I added in the cost of their horses (they were (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  When the world was young - thoughts

Ok, I've had a couple of days to relax and try and figure out what happened (we got burninated) and I've got some thoughts: 1) REMATCH. When and where? I propose that we have a rematch where NOTHING is changed troop or scenery wise - but I guess (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brikwars at OurCon 04

Actually, didn't Rayhawk run something small-scale and objective-oriented at BricksWest? It's probably on his site... I'd love to help, but I'm no good for a weekly match. I can brainstorm, though. I'm already seeing a squads of space troopers (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brikwars at OurCon 04

I was actually sitting around yesterday trying to come up with a way to do a convention type Brikwars. I think I came up with a game that could be do able, but of course I'll need to test it first. So if anyone is up for doing a weekly/monthly (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Brikwars at OurCon 04

Hi all! I know this is arguably early to be discussing it, but the organizers of OurCon have been pushing me to inspire/suggest/develop event ideas for their convention next year. One of the things I tossed at them was that I knew of some BrikWars (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.events)

  Goblin Ambush

Hi All, Here's a little playset I put together for a Brikwars game: (URL) latch mechanism is strong enough so that there is really no loose movement of the door whatsoever. I had great hopes of handing the rock over to someone else and having them (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: pictures from the TL2 game

Great pictures! I must say that I certainly understand that sense of enjoyment :) I'm working on the writeup now. - Joe "Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote in message news:HE1DDr.pzv@lugnet.com... (...) there's (...) single (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Mmm... Were is that warm, aromatic smell of barbeque coming from?

Hey, I had a blast yesterday, despite the *looooong* turns. Or, should I say, I was having a blast until my battalion was turned into roasted dinner for 500. I'm building a magical fire-extinguisher for next time. At least Tom seem to have a little (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  pictures from the TL2 game

Well, that was a lot of fun :) I'll leave it to others to do the full write up, but I do have to admit there's a certain preverse joy in seeing a field of troppers mowed down by a single sweep of dragon breath :) (URL) the rematch? :) Dan (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars question

Hey Guys, I know this is a last minute post for this weekend's game, but I am sorry I will not be able to make it. I was hoping I would get out of working and maybe view how the game is played (as well as bring some catapults and ballistae). Alas, I (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BrikWars question

Holy crap. I'm bringing mine anyways...perhaps we'll need a few sets of d10's... - Joe "David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message news:HDzDq2.27t@lugnet.com... (...) guess we (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  BrikWars question

So, how many dice are people bringing? We may be short some... Dan & Jenn bought 10 packs of 5 d6's but I'm kinda worried we might need more. I guess we could always roll twice... DaveE (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  ac adaptable rcs

hey guys, does the group have any a/c adaptable rcx units that i could borrow? -tk (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  UPDATED Re: spinner/tilter amusement ride MOC

Hey guys, thought those of us with patience or broadband might be interested in seeing some video of the ride in action. i've completed the programming to include the classic circus music. Its really fun now. lowerd resolution (URL) resolution (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  Re: When the world was young...

I'm a recent importee to this part of the world and am looking to meet some fellow brickheads. Please add me to the list of spectators (participant wannabees but its probably too late for that) who would like to drop by but requires knowledge of (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: spinner/tilter amusement ride MOC

(...) John, There is a .gif animation here: (URL) 1.5 MB HTH, and Awesome creation Travis! -Kevin (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact