 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 2299 (-10)
  Re: Next Meeting

So, uh, what's the chance of having an evening meeting, for those of us who can't make it to these fabulous BrikWars games? I would at least like to bask my coward's hide in the glow of your valourous glory. Or something. eric (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  SS-Brickwars Design

Well it took a little while, but I now have a digital floor plan of the space ship. All of the orginal modules have been included plus 8 new ones. (URL) response to this message if you are planning on building one of the question mark rooms. Just to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brickwars rematch?

<snip> (...) For some reason I'm thinking I should have the brickwars after brickfest. Umm I wonder why that could be. (not so subtle hint) How about the 27th at 10:00am? Once we have the 6 suggested 32x32 modules built, we can then add more to the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brickwars rematch?

(...) If it's after Brickfest, I might be able to show, if there's a slot open for me. I can build some kickin' modules by then but not before. The whole module idea looks like it worked out brilliantly, and did you really have a functional "fog of (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brickwars rematch?

(...) Sadly, I won't be around that weekend. I'll be in upstate New York running a 9-mile road race with Lauren and my sister. I'm sure I can arrange for someone else to bring my modules, though, if need be. Or we could have it after Brickfest. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brickwars rematch?

(...) Too late, I already made the map and added these new modules: 6 32x32 1 16x16 Follow the link below to see the design specs for these rooms. (URL) we each build one 32x32 module with a cover then we won't know which room the queen is in. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brickwars rematch?

(...) Both approaches are correct. If you guys give me some time, I can come up with a map before the setup. (...) AAAARGH!!! I can't make it to Brickfest this year. Stop talking about it. :( I might be able to play the 13th. (...) Darn it... they (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  NELUG TL6 Modular SpaceShip Brikwars 6/15/02

On Saturday, some NELUGgers converged in Arlington Massachusetts for the first of what will surely be many "Modular" Brikwars games. We had a back-story ((URL) enforced modular compatibility ((URL) a massive list of forthcoming rooms ((URL) and a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brickwars rematch?

(...) I'm thinking either: - design modules with specific positions in mind - design modules with doors on more than 2 sides-- essentially eliminate the "corner"-y and "edge" modules. Either of these will probably help to eliminate such a "stringy" (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Brickwars rematch?

After that humiliating defeat, I would like to try this again, but with a better layout so don't destroy those modules yet. I was thinking of having another game on the 13th. That would give us enough time to build one or two more modules each. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact