 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 1744 (-10)
  Re: NELUG Brikwars

(...) As you may guess, count me in. I love all these ideas. I'm thinking very seriously about being the GM for a "Space_Marines_insid...ace_ship", with a twist; similar to number 5 in Shaun's list but I need to really, really start building (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Brikwars

(...) This of course is a concern. I don't want to do this at the expense of the fun. I know that everyone at the last game had a great time without it becoming very competitive at all. I can see one area that could cause more problems would be in (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Brikwars

(...) Well, I was giving you credit for number 3, but actually Joe C. had picked up the Superheroes game. Though now I do seem to recall you mentioning it a while ago too. Hmmm, I'm thinking that this can be settled with a simple best-of-three (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Brikwars

(...) I'd be interested as well. Of course, I feel it only fair to warn that as soon as you put the word "tournament" on it, some people (not me, of course) get a little competetive, and the "fun" aspect can be greatly diminished. Just a thought, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Brikwars

(...) It probably goes without saying, but I'm very interested :) There was also much discussion at our last game about future Brikwars games and events. I was thrilled to hear several people throw out ideas for games they'd like to see happen - (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Tech Level 2 (medieval) game pictures etc..

(...) Honestly, I think this was some of the most fun I've had with a Brikwars game as well. I think the real fun of it was having lots of troop-on-troop combat, rather than vehicle on vehicle, which tends to be a lot less carnagey. Also helping was (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: NELUG Tech Level 2 (medieval) game pictures etc..

(...) This was my first time playing Brikwars and I had a blast! The gaming was great. Rules, etc were simple enough not to intrude on game flow, while easily settling any issues of moves that were "non-standard" (bizarre, even). Thanks to, "The (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: NELUG Tech Level 2 (medieval) game pictures etc..

(...) Well we all got there at about 10am. It took until about noon to get everything setup. The game then lasted until about 6pm. (...) Having the space and the time can definitly be a problem. We have rented rooms in the past but this puts a tight (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle)

  Re: NELUG Tech Level 2 (medieval) game pictures etc..

Wow! Great scenery! Looks like a lot of fun. How many hours did you end up playing? I would love to try this sometime, but I think GardenSlug is needing a centralized meeting place that is large enough and convenient for all or most of us... :-( (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle)

  NELUG Brikwars Tournament...

This is just an idea I had recently and I would like to get some feedback. I will be willing to organize this but if it happens it won't be for several months due to the planning involved and the fact that I have several "real world" deadlines (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact