 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 1344 (-20)
  Re: Green line pics

David, Great model! I really like the curved roof. I would love to see Lego offer the curved roof pieces in bulk... Bryan "David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message news:G9vw9B.Eu2@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Green line pics

(...) Have those appeared in any other soccer sets besides 3408? (URL) looks like there are only 2 in the set which means you would need 12*30 or $360 retail just for the doors. Ouch!. Of course we can all do better waiting for sales but still... I (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Green line pics

(...) Looks really nice, Dave:-) Those subway cars are just screaming to be modeled in LEGO-- thanks for heeding the call;-) One suggestion-- seems to me that the doors are a dead ringer to be modeled using the 1x2x3 white train window (stacked, 4 (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Green line pics

(...) square but after looking at this picture: (URL) decided that your interpretation of that variation of Greenline car worked real well. Of course it is 8 wide but considering some of the detailing "challenges" that modeling in LEGO provides I (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  Green line pics

Well, despite the terrible lighting conditions at my place, I put together some pictures of my green line train that I made mostly over this last weekend (my very first train!): (URL) based off of the green line of the Boston subway, in particular, (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: a get together tomorrow?

(...) As it stands now Tim and I are going to meet at FAO at 6 and then mosey over to John Harvard's in Harvard square around 7 or 7:30. I look forward to seeing anybody else. jonathan (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: a get together tomorrow?

"Jonathan Lill" <jonathanl@myriadweb.com> wrote in message news:G9uJIK.3H3@lugnet.com... (...) Anyone else coming? Jonathan and I are gonna work out details tomorrow and then he should post them here. I'm taking a train to arrive just after 3 at (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  a get together tomorrow?

Tim Courtney and I were talking of getting together tomorrow evening, Thursday March 8th, either in Harvard Square (John Harvard's or somesuch place) or perhaps meeting at FAO Schwartz(near where I work). If anyone wants to join us or suggest a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Standards... (Re: New street scene)

Those look good. I will probably make a few dumpsters, but don't think I can change my street lamps, since I don't have enough gray antennas. I may change my traffic lights to match yours, mine are similar already, but about half as tall. Someone (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Green line?

(...) So I went home Friday and started building... I ended up modelling one after the train seen here: (URL) chose this one after deciding on a method for doing the doors (studs forward w/ plates) and figuring out how much harder it would be to (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New street scene

(...) That definitely works for me too the only issue being 5 because I don't know if I will have the official passes by then. Otherwise there is no other reason why we couldn't do it then (assuming it has stopped snowing by then...) Eric Kingsley (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New street scene

(...) Well... BrikWars was purposely scheduled for the 17th, which is two Saturdays before the show. Shaun and I assumed (we came to this conclusion seperately) that people might want to have that last week for building! :D I know that we can do 2, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Standards... (Re: New street scene)

(...) OK I put up CAD drawings of a few things like my Streetlamp. I don't know how everyone feels about standards but I wanted to put up what I had. If others have some designs for items like these let us know. Maybe at our next meeting we can (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New street scene

(...) Tom, This would be GREAT!!! Especially seeing that you and I are probably the 2 closest members Geographically to the show anyway and close to each other. I don't have a firm time just yet but I seem to remember that it was going to be earlier (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New street scene

Eric, I have taken the day of the setup off of work, so I could come by and take a few things in my car. It's not a very big car, but I should be able to take a few things. What time can we get in for setup anyways? Tom D (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Standards... (Re: New street scene)

I think a standard would work for most of the stuff. But I don't think we should make everything look exactly the same. In real life there are different types of lights and signs and stuff, sometimes as close as from one street to the next. It all (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New street scene

Hey Shaun, Thanks for the kind words I'm going to try to make it on the 17th. If I do go, I will probably just watch, and get a feel for the game so I will know how to play next time around. That train crossing was actually one of the inspirations (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: New street scene

(...) These models are awesome! I started building a water tower like yours also! Is yours made out of those quarter-round pieces from the Droid's Escape set too? Yours looks much more realistic than mine does... Timmy on a rampage! Yikes! (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Green line?

(...) I've been thinking of doing some Green Line stuff also. I've been thinking of doing an LRV, or at least something which would remind one of an LRV, using monorail. I haven't decided whether to use the white Metroliner cabs from 2x6557 or not (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Green line?

(...) Try here... (URL) you ever want to someone to work on it with let me know. As I said earlier the Green Line has been in my pipeline for a long time. There are several things that make the Green Line tough to model though and I think thats why (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact