 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 213
Re: GATS Train SHow (was Get together Saturday)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:39:01 GMT

"Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message
I like layout 2 and 5 the best, but any of them besides 1 is fine. With 16
large and 4 small tables, any of the layouts shown can be made. Since at
least 12 large are required for any of the layouts, it would seem pretty
reasonable to sign up to make 16 large / 4 small and have the flexibility • to
choose any of the designs Mike described.

I know the large tables are about 30" x 60", but how thick are they? How
many could a standard station wagon hold?

Cary

The building specs are here:  http://www.pnltc.org/ToolSpec.html

I don't recall the thickness but I would guess a total of 2 1/2 inches when
the legs are removed.

I like Cary's suggestion of building enough tables to build any of the
layouts.  Flexibility is the key.  One other item that will drive how many
tables to build will be the number tables each person wants for their own
personal use.  For myself I would like two large and two small.  At home I
am hoping to set up a one large, one small "L" shape in my limited space.

I also like layouts #2 and #5.

Other things to think about are track inventory, straight track and switches
in particular.  I don't know how much straight track I have, probably 40-50
pieces.  I have four pairs of switches, and four cross tracks.  I have an
entire blue tub of curves and I suspect other people have similar amounts.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot