Re: Get together Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:26:44 GMT

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3A67BA57.A171C19@mindspring.com...
Fritz will be coming to Cary on Saturday to bring me my Yellow Castle,
and see my collection, and have a good time. We will be meeting at about
12:30 in the LEGO section of the Cary Toys R Us. Feel free to come by
there, or somewhat later by my apartment.

Frank

I'm out of town this weekend, so I won't be able to attend.

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Who knows , maybe Cary will be able to show up and you can hear more about
his trip  to Japan and pin him down about the train show?  ...

Hmm. How can I say this as diplomatically as possible?

When Mike organizes the table-building party, I'll be there. I have plenty
of storage space, and will be happy to bring a Volvo-station-wagon's worth
of raw material, and take a way a wagon's worth of built tables. If anyone
wants to drive to Chapel Hill, I can store as many tables as anyone wants.

When Mike decides on a stategy for dividing up the 20'x20' space, I'll
happily lay claim to a part and populate it with my buildings. I'll even
figure out a way to transport them (the buildings) so they don't
spontaneously explode.

When Mike or anyone else comes up with a train and/or monorail layout, I'll
contribute ideas and loan as much track as I have, which is a lot. But...

My confidence is not real high that the tables are going to get built, the
space will get partitioned, or the track layout will get designed. I know
that Mike has the best of intentions, but he's an awfully busy guy. (Not to
mention an international jet-setter.) We've been talking about building
tables for what, nine months?

I have also kept mum because if I can't offer a solution I don't have any
business complaining. I'm not willing to take on these tasks in Mike's
stead.

The GATS show is just a little over five months away, and there's no
progress since Mike's annoucement on 9/20/2000. Mike, care to respond? I'd
love it if you'd offer some possibilities for dates when the tables might be
built.

Cary