Re: Frank's big BricksWest adventure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 23:31:28 GMT

In lugnet.events, Benjamin Medinets writes:

I'm not keen on Chicago because hotel space is pricey. I'd stump for CVG or
MSP or DTW (all midwest hubs) before ORD as space is less expensive in
Cincinnati, Minneapolis or Detroit than it is in Chicago.

MichLUG is getting big enough and organized enough that MAYBE it could pull
something like this off in 2003. Not this year I don't think, though. NILUG
has a ways to go yet before it would be up to it I think.

That would be cool if it was in Detroit....you may end up even getting help
from the  rtlToronto group (not that I am officially volunteering them)
assisting your group though may be useful just to see what all is involved
in setting up a CON.

I know I'd have no problems with accommodation, since I have a large amount
of family by Windsor.  Are you guys doing anything before Easter holidays???
I'm headed out that way to visit with family.  I don't know the exact length
of time, but if you guys (MICHLUG) are having a meeting or something like
that in that time span, I probably wouldn't miss the chance to go.

Lar...let me know what's up...

Benjamin Medinets

If our next regularly scheduled meeting date/info isn't up on
www.michlug.org I am sure it will be soon. We have been trying to get into a
regular first Saturday of the month groove.

Hope that helps.