 Events / 581
Re: Frank's big BricksWest adventure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:27:07 GMT

In lugnet.events, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I'm not keen on Chicago because hotel space is pricey. I'd stump for CVG or
MSP or DTW (all midwest hubs) before ORD as space is less expensive in
Cincinnati, Minneapolis or Detroit than it is in Chicago.

Hmm, what about St. Louis? Are there enough, or actually, any people in that
area? Just a thought.

A MidWest-Fest would be great, I'd certainly love going, and would have a
good chance of making it if it was early in the fall (September, or early
October). Certainly easier for me (personally) to reach than the west coast,
and not much more difficult than the east.

In general I think it would allow for cheaper travel-costs, since a good
amount of people could drive, and those flying in from the coasts would pay
less going to the midwest than to the other coast.

Also, one might want to consider a roaming fest. Not every group can
organize a fest every year, but a fest that travelled around the Midwest (or
over all the US, even) would allow for people with different needs to
participate in different years.

-Shiri