 Events / 583
Re: Frank's big BricksWest adventure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:31:56 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:Gs3s06.72M@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.events, Tim Courtney writes:
I'm not keen on Chicago because hotel space is pricey. I'd stump for CVG or
MSP or DTW (all midwest hubs) before ORD as space is less expensive in
Cincinnati, Minneapolis or Detroit than it is in Chicago.

I'm not absolutely certain, but I would figure hotel would get a bit
cheaper if
people were willing to travel out into the suburbs a bit after getting into
town.

I dunno, I just got back from the north burbs and I paid 150 a nite for
Marriott Suites in Deerfield, and that was a corporate (discounted) rate.

I did a quick search, I picked the random weekend of August 16-19.  Here are the
results:

http://reserve.accommodationspecials.com/cgi-bin/chkrates?SID=MGD&Dest=CHI&LKF=M
GD&TRK=google_cheap-hotel-rates-in-Chicago-IL&PROD=HOTEL

Looks like if you stay in Lisle/Naperville (very nice area), you can get it for
60/night, that's for a room with 2 adults and 2 beds.  This was just a quick
search.

Maybe in Joliet, but who wants to stay there?

Definitely not me.  Heck, been there once, don't care to go again.  Can't ya
tell I grew up in DuPage County? ;-)

I think we could find reasonable hotel rates for the Chicago area.
Naperville/Lisle is right along I-88 and is home to many large company offices -
close to a few big shopping centers, entertainment (theatres), and about a 30-35
minute drive to downtown with good traffic.  To O'Hare its about 20-25 mins on
I-88 and I-294.

But, I'd rather first see MSP as the midwest LEGO event, because there's more
LEGO stuff up there than there is here.  Still, Naperville is only 20 mins from
my place ;-)

-Tim