 Events / 584
583  |  585
Subject:
GFLTC at SMRC Palmetto Train Show w Super Chief
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:06:30 GMT

Hopefully GFLTC has the honor to be the first to run the Santa Fe Super
Chief on an operating train track at the SMRC Train Show in Palmetto,
Florida this weekend Feb 23 & 24.  Thanks to Robin Werner for fast shipping
the Super Chief and building the coaches.  Needless to say the Super Chief
looks "dynamite" on the layout and received numerous complimentary remarks
from the audience.  Looks like TLC has a REAL winner here.

For all the show pics

Super Chief pics are
Word of warning, don't run the Super Chief round a corner fast especially if
it is coming down a small incline.  See third pic.

KK's Eckerd Drug Store (latest creation)
(separate detailed posting to follow in .town later)

We had a good time at the show and it was crowded on Saturday mostly because
it rained all day.  We told the organizers to pick the weekend with the
highest probability of rain for the next years show.
KK Quah