  Yard Automation

Hello, I have just decided on my contribution for GATS-02. This may not float with other people, but I will try anyway. I am currently working on a Yard-Automation system, which will use an RCX brick and a computer (laptop) to fully automate the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Yard Automation

(...) Kai need any help or a second RCX (I have 2 and a scout plus two micros) The Micro scouts might be used to operate switches via a fiber optic connect. Also what programming system are you using? I just ordered Robolab Lester (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Yard Automation

Kai & All, (...) Well, Kai, if it works, go for it! (...) I would suggest coordinating with Steve R, since he is most of the train layout, since we will have a number of trains, stations, etc. He is working on automatic swithces already as well. If (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Yard Automation

(...) With my experience on running trains during the GR show I would like to comment. In the GR show Steve and I managed to isolate track so the train yard could work independently from the loop. That made it fun because we hardly touched the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Yard Automation

(...) This seems a good approach to me, except I would suggest that nothing in LEGO ever works 100%. 99% ought to be good enough. Kai, your design and prototypeing goals should include a manual fallback so that if things aren't working quite right (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Yard Automation

Larry & All, (...) Yes, yes. I should have stated it better. Maybe if it is viable to run it in a show, great. If not, it would be better to continue to test it and tweak it before the show, since we will not have a lot of time to do that kind of (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)