Re: Yard Automation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:29:20 GMT

Kai & All,

I have just decided on my contribution for GATS-02.  This may not float with
other people, but I will try anyway.

Well, Kai, if it works, go for it!

I am currently working on a Yard-Automation system, which will use an RCX
brick and a computer (laptop) to fully automate the yard we will be using at
GATS-02.

I also plan to bring the customary water tower.  I will also work with Steve
R. and Jason with the Ore Dock idea.

I would suggest coordinating with Steve R, since he is most of the train
layout, since we will have a number of trains, stations, etc. He is working
on automatic swithces already as well. If you have a multi train layout that
100% works, with no major hangups by the time we have the show fine, but if
it has a lot of problems, it will not be included, since it is not really a
testing ground.  Fair enough?

Other peoples thoughts? Maybe at Tony's event, you can do a trail run or
something.

Good luck!

Scott S.