Re: Already thinking of a new building for GATS/NOVI 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:10:05 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Peter Guenther writes:

Speaking of ferries, I was thinking of building the Ludington, MI-Manitowoc,
WI car ferry--a more interesting project because the Mackinac ones don't
carry cars for obvious reasons.

How about the Chief Wawatam? Although it's no longer operational it was a
VERY quaint train ferry and quite a bit smaller than the Ludington Manitowoc
ones... (hence easier to model)

Maybe we could channel our Wild West stuff
into Fort Mackinac instead???

GREAT idea.

++Lar