Re: Already thinking of a new building for GATS/NOVI 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:54:53 GMT

That's awesome.  I was thinking of the same thing and had already gone to
www.grandhotel.com to look at some pics--but there's no way I can do it for
this next time.  Go for it!  That would rock.  Only... don't build it to
scale.  It would stratch our entire setup, probably!

But there's no bridge to Mackinac (although there is a Mackinac bridge).
Someone can build a ferry instead!

Speaking of ferries, I was thinking of building the Ludington, MI-Manitowoc,
WI car ferry--a more interesting project because the Mackinac ones don't
carry cars for obvious reasons.  Maybe we could channel our Wild West stuff
into Fort Mackinac instead???

Peter

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Chris Leach writes:
Hey guys i think i have come up with a good building for the next
show,something to do with Michigan.How about the GRAND HOTEL from mackinac
island.I'm also thinking maybe Amy or Steve could build a bridge that hmmmmm
some how kinda goes with it:-)