  Pre-Wedding LUGOLA/LUGNET meeting on Saturday April 28th - 8AM - 4PM in Southern Orange County

Hi Folks, (I'm posting this to lugnet.org.us.lugola and lugnet.people as well as sending it out to a list of interested parties by email) The local LEGO Users Group, LUGOLA (which has expanded to include LA and San Diego) has proposed having a (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Wedding LUGOLA/LUGNET meeting on Saturday April 28th - 8AM - 4PM in Southern Orange County

Doh - I just dug and found some prior posts implying some other suggested times/locations with various reasons. There is no reason we can't have multiple meetings. Also, if people want to move the time or location of this meeting, I'd be all for it. (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pre-Wedding LUGOLA/LUGNET meeting on Saturday April 28th - 8AM - 4PM in Southern Orange County

(trying to deflect possible issues) I also didn't mean that this was some sort of "official" LUGNET event. I just meant that we were going to host a gathering, expecting a lot of LUGNET people to show. Don't flame me! Brad Hamilton (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

(...) Say, I've been wondering...how much time should I allow for driving between Carlsbad and the San Diego airport and back? I'll be renting a car the last week of April and will be picking some family members and friends up at the airport. I (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

Hi Todd, I've only driven that route on the weekends and it takes roughly 30-40 minutes (without traffic). I've heard that traffic can get pretty bad on the weekdays on that stretch. If nobody answers your post, you can try emailing John Gramley, (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

(...) 30-40 minutes sound right for low traffic times. During rush hour it could take two or three times that long. Rush hour is usually between 7:00 and 9:00am going south and probably 3:30 and 6:00pm heading north. And of course, there are almost (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

(...) Yes, I would say 45+ minutes with _no_ traffic and (and this is *after* you get out of the messy SD airport, that could be a chore in itself). Just hop on the 5 freeway for the entire trip. (...) (weekdays) Mornings = traffic going south into (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california)

"mfuss903" <mfuss903@aol.com> wrote in message news:GB1qqL.IHw@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) airport (...) that (...) When I went to LEGOLAND we flew in and out of Orange County (John Wayne Airport). While a little farther than the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

I would actually agree with this suggestion. I would say that the drive time to Carlsbad from the Orange County airport is about 50 minutes, but not too much of that is apt to be high traffic. Only about the first 5 miles from the airport tend to (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california)