Re: Pre-Wedding LUGOLA/LUGNET meeting on Saturday April 28th - 8AM - 4PM in Southern Orange County
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 00:28:59 GMT

Doh - I just dug and found some prior posts implying some other suggested
times/locations with various reasons.

There is no reason we can't have multiple meetings.  Also, if people want to
move the time or location of this meeting, I'd be all for it.

We'll see how people react! :)

Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message
Hi Folks,

(I'm posting this to lugnet.org.us.lugola and lugnet.people as well as
sending it out to a list of interested parties by email)

The local LEGO Users Group, LUGOLA (which has expanded to include LA and • San
Diego) has proposed having a meeting around the time of the wedding so • that
we can meet up with some of the out-of-towners, show off MOC's and maybe • do
some trading.

Through some discussion, it sounded like my house might be in a reasonable
geographic location because it is on the way to LLC from Los Angleles
(although a bit out of the way for people in San Diego).  I am about 1/2
hour north of LLC in Southern Orange County where the 5 and 405 freeways
meet.

The day before the wedding is bad because Friday traffic in our area is
terrible, so that wouldn't work out well (although if some people are • really
local around that time, I wouldn't mind organizing additional activities).

We thought about having it the day of the wedding so that people could • stop
by on their way to LLC and the wedding.  The problem is that a lot of the
out-of-towners want to spend time at LLC.

So, the proposal is to have the meeting from 8AM to 4PM.  People can stop • by
when its convenient.  Several "Easterners" have already mentioned that • they
would like to come by in the morning.  I think that the local LA people
probably want to get up a bit later.

We can run it like the last (March 24th) meeting, but perhaps a bit more
relaxed and drawn out (assuming that different groups of people will be
there at differen times).  My wife and I have already been to LLC so we
won't go until later on to catch the wedding.

I'll be giving the usual tours of Bricktopia, and we'll have chips, salsa,
and drinks.

If you think you want to come, then please RSVP (bhamilto1@home.com) as • soon
as possible.  Please include the time frame you think you will be here as
well as any MOC's you are bringing.  If you are getting a ride from • someone
else, please check with them on times and transportation.  I will post
updates to lugnet.org.us.lugola.

Our address is:
Brad and Shelly Hamilton
10 Copperstone Ln
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Home: 949-859-8024
Work: 949-727-1733 x364 (Brad)

Our house is NOT on the Yahoo maps and is only on the 2001 Thomas Brothers
map.  It is in a new neighborhood.

Directions from North (LA):
Go South on the 5 or 405
Get off right after the El Toro "Y" (where the 405/5 meet) at El Toro • Road.
Get in the left-most lane to get off!
You will turn left as you get off onto a side street and then left again
onto El Toro.
Then, follow the Local Directions.

Directions from North if you want to eat breakfast first (At IHOP or • COCO's)
Go South on the 5 or 405
Get off at Lake Forest Drive (Right BEFORE the Y)
To get to Coco's, go straight off the freeway and then take an immediate
right into COCO's
To get to IHOP, turn left off the freeway onto Lake Forest Drive.  Take a
left at Rockfield.  Then, turn left into the first plaza.
To continue, get back on the freeway going south and get off at the next
off-ramp (El Toro).

Directions from South (San Diego, Carlsbad, LLC)
Go North on the 5 (about 1/2 hour from LLC) and get off at El Toro road.
Turn right.
Then, follow the Local Directions.

Local Directions:
Go WAY up El Toro Road (several miles) - you should be going East (towards
the mountains)
Pass under the 241 toll road (it is the only "freeway" you will pass under
after the 5).
Turn right on Wandering Trails ( its the 2nd right after the toll road ).
Go to the top of the hill and turn left onto Copperstone.
We are about the 5th house down on the right.

Directions coming south on the 241 (Bryce - probably good for you - It • will
cost about $3 each way)
Get off on Portola Parkway and turn right.
Turn left at El Toro
Pass under the 241 toll road
Turn right on Wandering Trails ( its the 2nd right after the toll road ).
Go to the top of the hill and turn left onto Copperstone.
We are about the 5th house down on the right.

RSVP????
We'd appreciate it if you could let us know whether you expect to make it • or
not.  This will allow us to have adequate supplies of snacks on hand.
Please send email to:
bhamilto1@home.com

HOUSE
We have brand new carpet that is a really light color.  When inside, we • ask
that you remove your shoes to help preserve our carpet.

Hoping to hear from you!

Let us know if you are coming!

Brad & Shelly