Re: Meeting time and particulars...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 19:06:11 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Wayne Sardullo writes:
<snip>
I think the best route is a simple 4x4 table with support and simple
Folding Legs
If we keep to that all the hieghts would be the same. while I am home I will
see about getting a price on bulk folding legs and report back. Let me know I
will have computer access while I am home so I will try and keep on the top of
things

Just to go further into table detail the plan uses a 4ft x4 ft sheet 1/2inch
thick of OSB with a outer support with a 2x3 molding mitred at the corners.

For support underneath for legs (Folding and support two parallel 1x3 pine
strips.)

Wayne

I think the 4'x4' size is way too big.  We could get more use out of smaller
modules connected to gether to make large layouts.  Smaller modules fit in
smaller cars.  Plywood may be better than OSB...aw, heck, see more of my
opinions in http://news.lugnet.com/trains/org/?n=1994.

I like the folding leg standard, however, if you're talking about something
like NGLTC uses and standard banquet tables use, like these links describe:

...cheap, but not compatable with baseplate dimensions:
http://www.officedepot.com/shop/catalog/sku.asp?ID=471391&LEVEL=SK
...cheap too, and compatable with baseplates:
http://www.officedepot.com/shop/catalog/sku.asp?ID=369009&LEVEL=SK
...here's some legs all by themselves:
http://www.foldinglegs.com/index2.html

...but couldn't I just buy the cheap tables and steal the legs off them for
that price?  Can we consider these pre-made ones?  Office Depot has free
shipping, no tools required, and the 30"x60" fits

I'm tryig to push for 30"x30" or even better 30"x60" table top dimensions so
each of us could fit a module in the back seat and not rely on somebody with
a van for every show, right?

You mentioned bulk discount, and that would be nice, but what's the minimum
for that - 20 legs?  Can we meet that?  Maybe we could make a few different
example tops and try them out?

I might be able to make it after all - schedule's clearing up a bit that
weekend.

...my 2 bricks.
Ed