Re: Identify a zig
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:14:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
So, the question is, how do I identify a zig-zag?  Any thoughts?

Could you treat it as a broken line?

That is, only 'see' the part of the line that is on a straight path through the
zigzag.

I assume you have to program the robot to ignore the cross line of the loop in
the course pictured:
http://www.chibots.org/contests/may2004/pictures/DSCN3660-tb.html
adjust the tolerance of that cross-avoidance to include the angle of the zig and
'look ahead' enough to see the next zag (which will also look like a cross with
breaks before and after).

You already have to navigate an open space/broken line, just adjust how much
open space to navigate to match distance between the zig & the zag. The result
should be a robot that drives straight over any zigzag like that.

Of course, such a robot would miss sharp turns, but the course pictured has
none.

Hope that makes sense,
Clark