Re: IndyLUG takes 1st place at GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:34:58 GMT

Hi Steve,
Let me chime in and say this is a fantastic idea!!!!!
If you need any assistance with some train and or monorail platforms to
mount the camera on I'd be more than willing to help out.  Building a train
car camera mount and a monorail camera mount would be cool.  I'm wonder if
COLTC would have some ideas on powering up the camera since they just did
this on there monorail last weekend.
This would most assuredly be a show highlight!  Let me know what I can do to
help.  I get up to Laffayette frequently to shop with my wife and we could
meet up if you'd like to.
Brian D
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Hassenplug" <Hassenplug@mail.com>
To: <lugnet.org.us.indylug@lugnet.com>
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: IndyLUG takes 1st place at GATS

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Brian Darrow wrote:
IndyLUG won first place at the Indianapolis GATS show this past weekend. • Some
of the members are preparing pics and will have them up shortly. We are • really
pumped up, not only about the award but, with the nice things many of • the other
display participants had to say about our layout.
This club is really doing an outstanding job IMHO ...

Nice Job.

One of these days, I'm going to build something for a show.  Really.  I'm • not
kidding.  :)

I went to the train show.  (my first train show)  I expected more from the • other
train (non-LEGO) set-ups.  With most of them, it was pretty easy to see • where
one person's "section" stopped, and another began.  I think you guys did a • very
nice job of blending sections together.

And, the detail was very cool.  All the cartoon characters.  But couldn't • you
find a dog to play the part of Scooby Doo?  :)

I like the drive-in, but I have an idea for next time.  I've been wanting • to
mount my x-10 camera on a train.  The video could easily be sent to the
drive-in.  I noticed someone else already did that at another show:

http://news.lugnet.com/trains/org/?n=2501

Sounds like a popular idea.

So, I have all the stuff required.  The camera, the flat-panel display.  I • just
need to figure out the best way to power the camera.

What do you think?

Nice Job
Steve (H)