 Organizations / United States / 80
Re: NELUG at Mindfest, A quick summary and more photo's.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 22:11:44 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.events, mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller) writes:
(There were in fact _lots_ of important people who didn't make Eric's list.
I don't think he was trying to be comprehensive and certainly didn't mean to
leave anybody out. There were a lot of people there, and I doubt anyone had
time to meet everybody!)

I wasn't there for both days, but the times I was there, I had a total
blast.  The best part was meeting great friendly people and putting faces to
names finally, and seeing LEGO designs like Jin Sato's MIBO and the NELUG
Star Wars models "in the flesh."

The list below still probably isn't comprehensive in terms of "familiar
online names" who were there, but even ~30 is quite a few!  (But I think
there were more than 500 attendees at the event overall -- I wonder how many
of that number weren't educators or Lab sponsors or shy lurkers.)

Ben Erwin
Bram Lambrecht
Chris Phillips
Dave Baum
David Eaton
Eric Brok
Eric Harshbarger
Eric Joslin
Fred Martin
Guillaume(?) Ferrari
Henry Chea
Jin Sato
John VanZwieten II & III
Jonathan Knudsen
Kekoa Proudfoot
Kevin Loch
Larry Pieniazek
Marco Beri
Mario Ferrari
Markus Noga
Matthew Miller
Michael Gasperi
Paul Stauffer
Ralph Hempel
Richard Wright
Robert Munafo
Shaun Sullivan
Suzanne Rich
Todd Lehman

Over time, hopefully many of the people who were there but who aren't active
online yet will find their way online and continue the great experience!

--Todd

[followups to lugnet.robotics.events]