 Organizations / Italia / ItLUG / 5312
Re: Contapalle per il GBC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.it.itlug
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 16:15:50 GMT

[I apologize for my deplorable ignorance of other languages; I fear I must
comment in English. I can only blame my educational system and my lack of
language facility]

There's a number of ways to count the balls that I've seen (mechanical, using a
light sensor, and in one case timing the whgole loop by using the "steel"
dragons egg from the Harry Potter set:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=3731

But I don't think I've seen anything displaying them on the computer (instead of
the RCX or NXT). Come to think of it, since the NXT can communicate to the PC
via BT (Bluetooth), it should be possible to have a NXT-based GBC module that
counts balls, using BT to communicate them to a PC for display. Actually, you
could also have a NXT-based counter that communicates with a different NXT-based
switching module, so if a section of the GBC stops working (no balls coming
through) it signals the upstream switching module to shut down that branch
automatically. Or "pages" a human who's wearing an NXT on their hip to come and
fix things, etc.

--
Brian "language impaired" Davis