 Organizations / Italia / ItLUG / 5324
Re: Contapalle per il GBC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.it.itlug
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 15:52:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.it.itlug, Mario Ferrari wrote:

we don't have enough NXT units yet to use some
in the GBC.

That I can certainly understand. And I love the idea of a big display for a
counting module, I just don't have a computer I can regulate to the task (or the
board... that looks like a nice one). We want to add a GBC train video camera to
be displayed while it runs, and it would be a great idea if we could import the
current ball count from some module and dispaly it as an overlay on the
videoscreen (not that I have any idea how to do that, but I'm sure somebody
does).

As to the idea of automatically switching out sections of the GBC as they
fail... yeah, from what I've seen you guys don't seem to need that as much as us
over heere on this side of the Atlantic. We accept module and stream failures as
a part of the process (with 40+ modules, many untested, I guess I houldn;t be
too surprised). Yours seem to run with a very low failure rate.

--
Brian Davis