 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1255
1254  |  1256
Subject:
Friday - Disaster, Saturday - Good Times
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 19:01:35 GMT

Well, now that I've almost recovered from the last couple of days, I'm
finally ready to post.

First of all, I think the layout looks awesome, and will be very well
received.  You guys have all done so much excellent work.  Paul has
been such an amazing addition to the group.  Can you imagine what we
could do with 3 or 4 more of him?  Wow.

Friday, in my opinion, was a disaster.  Much of it was my fault, and
for that I'm so very sorry.  I want to publicly apologize to the group
for getting there so late, and then being so scatter brained about
everything.  It was just an awful day for me.  The traffic situation
really put the icing on the cake.  I think that it would be a very
good idea to do it again at a more central location, like Andrew's New
Westminster church, for example.

By the time we actually were all there, we only had 2 hours of
"useful" time at the school.  I had already spent over twice that
length of time in transit just getting there.  We did learn a few
things, however, like the fact that once again I screwed up with the
number of sawhorse legs that we needed.

... the chilli was good, though ...

Saturday dawned rainy and dark, but ended up being a stellar day for
us, I think.  Almost all potential issues were dealt with, and the
layout looked smashing!  Unreal job, Dean, on the electronics!  I just
can't get over how cool it looks when all that stuff is happening
automatically.  I gotta get me one o' them RCX thingies ...

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to outrun the rain on the way home, and
all the tables and legs got absolutely soaked.  They should be OK,
though.  I think that after they dry out, the warping should go away.

Just kidding ... ;-)  They're all warm and dry, stored indoors and
anxious to be put to use next weekend.  It did rain some on the way
home, but very little actually gets to the stuff in the truck bed
because of the wind shadow.

OK, enough ranting.  I want to congratulate all of you on all your
work and especially the time you've put into this venture.  I know it
will pay off with the satisfaction of running several good shows in
the next few months.  Good on all of ya.

... we're gonna have some fun! ...

Robin