 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1254
Re: A great addition would be...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 18:47:51 GMT

I'd LOVE to be able to build a RCX controlled section that brings in
theHogwarts and stops it at it's station but I just don't have enough
bricks or other parts for that. Too bad non of the other Mindstorms
members are helping out...

Ya, that would be cool!  We'll just have to do it manually.  Do you
have another little motorized "switching house"?  I know you have the
right point already ;-).  We could forget the RCX and just have a
remote control for the switch, which would send the train into its
siding.  If we quickly switched it back just after the last car was
in, would it not isolate the siding and park the train?  Better than
nothing.

As far as getting some other help.  you guys have the phone numbers
for the rest of our not-so-vocal members.  Call them up.  Mark (I
think is his name), the robotics guy, is probably coming to the show.
I'm making a T-shirt for him, which he's already paid me for, so he's
definitely interested.  Call him, and see if he can spare an RCX for a
weekend.  You can set up the program with all your stuff, and just
drop his RCX in there.

Robin