 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1265
Re: Friday - Disaster, Saturday - Good Times
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 02:56:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Robin Sather writes:
Well, now that I've almost recovered from the last couple of days, I'm
finally ready to post.

Well I haven't done any building for 48 hours... It's a much needed break,
and I'll start up again tonight!  Still gotta "hammer out" the mountain.

Friday, in my opinion, was a disaster.  Much of it was my fault, and
for that I'm so very sorry.  I want to publicly apologize to the group
for getting there so late, and then being so scatter brained about
everything.  It was just an awful day for me.  The traffic situation
really put the icing on the cake.  I think that it would be a very
good idea to do it again at a more central location, like Andrew's New
Westminster church, for example.

Hey Robin, don't be so hard on yourself.  Friday *was* a horrible day - took
me 1.5 hrs to get there in stop & go traffic (which always puts me in a bad
mood).  Fortunately, this was Friday July 27 and not Friday August 3rd.  :)

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to outrun the rain on the way home, and
all the tables and legs got absolutely soaked.  They should be OK,
though.  I think that after they dry out, the warping should go away.

Well if they're warped, that will introduce some random elevation changes
into our layout...

... we're gonna have some fun! ...

I'm kinda glad that the organizers share a similar philosophy in that we're
all there to PLAY as opposed to DISPLAY.  :)

-Bryan