 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1067
Re: Table Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 18:12:27 GMT

Stop press - dunno why this didn't occur to me before, but my table will be
going on vacation with me (it's our camp table) so it won't be available.
Duhhh! Very sorry to throw this spanner in the works (yes, a spanner, hey
I'm still a Brit at heart :-)  ) especially this late. Still, I hope with
extra doors we can get away with using Bryan's table even if it does stick
out a bit.

tsk, tsk, Kevin.  Well, it's not like you have nothing else on your
mind these days! :-)

We could use Bryan's table.  There are two options (with our current
tables):

- We could use both 32" tables (David's and Kevin's) to make up the
right side (under the town), and then use both 28" (Kevin's and mine)
tables along the bottom.  This would require nailing on 2x2's to the
28" ones.  We could then use Bryan's table flush (along it's bottom
side) with no problems.  One advantage of this setup is that it would
give us 4 inches of space behind (to the left of) the town, for
controllers, or whatever.  We haven't really discussed where the
controllers and wiring will actually be.  Dean, have you been thinking
about this?

- We could just put Bryan's table as the water area as is, and let it
not sit flush up on its bottom side.  It's only 2 inches out on one
end, and will not affect the support of anything.  Conversely, we
could have it stick out, although I don't like this option too much.

Either way, it shouldn't be a problem.

Robin