 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1059
Re: Table Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:15:36 GMT

Robin Sather wrote in message <3b4c0253.83859952@lugnet.com>...
No wonder I couldn't get it to work right.

- Bryan's table is only 72" long

Oops. I thought I remembered it as 8 ft from the last show. Your top row is
better in that case. The top row is 4" longer than our baseplate layout
which is a bit awkward for covering the top with baseplates.

- The door I have is 28" wide
- One of David's doors is 32" and the other is 30"

As you say below, the door sizes are not a problem.

Even in your layout, your 48" table doesn't square up with the end of
the layout.

It either squares up with the outside and we lose the oil dock, or we keep
the oil dock and lose part of the seaplane base and don't line up with the
outside edge. The original assumption was that that was a longer table
(maybe from the show organisers) which would stick out further as a leaflet
and catalog place. My table wasn't going to be used at all in that case.

On the bottom, the layout ends a full baseplate longer (10 inches).

If we can get another 80" door, and replace Bryan's 72" table plus Dean's
18" table with it, that would knock off the extra 10".

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
eBay Lego auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/