 Organizations / Canada / VLC / *1385 (-20)
  Re: Post Show Debriefing

Xandria Husby wrote in message ... (...) is (...) OK by me, gosh, I don't have enough buildings on the layout, do I :-). Actually I will be working on the factory and using it for photo shoots etc as it's going to be my next kit release and I have (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  VLC Day 2 Photos from Toy Train Show

Some more pictures... from Day2. Unfortunately, my camera batteries died at the onset of my snap happy session :-( There are a couple though. Warning: Pics are fuzzy in quality due to shakey photographer and crappy digital camera. (URL) Lego Realm: (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Post Show Debriefing

Ditto on the whole for the discussion thus far. I'll be picking up more of the VLC fabric (no one else is buying it!). I loved using the wires as hydro lines -- great idea, David. Switching yards are cool when littered with rolling stock -- good for (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Money

(...) Approximately - I did bring it to the dry run in my boxes along with the models (I thought I showed Alex it was there, but there was a lot going on that day!) and I haven't unloaded my car yet so I don't know if it's still there. Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Metroliner & Club car available very soon!

(...) Ok, it's now time to get that club order in... Who's the taker? How do you want everyone's list? What a DEAL on the combo K10001!!! Dean -- Dean Husby LUGNET Member #320 TFM's LEGO Workshop - www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm The Vancouver LEGO Club - (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Metroliner & Club car available very soon!

Hi, As Brad pointed out in this message: (URL) fabled Metroliner and club car are available for pre-order now. And if you order both as a kit, it's cheaper too! So... Can we put our order in soon? I just want 1 of each. -Bryan (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Rope & Plexi revisited

Another reason for Plexi... (URL) Husby LUGNET Member #320 TFM's LEGO Workshop - www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm The Vancouver LEGO Club - www.akasa.bc.ca/vlc/ (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Post Show Debriefing

(...) Well other then STORE rolling stock. This layout has some issues that in future we will have to make sure we deal with. Multi evaluations would sure be nice, we could hide things in the below space. Imagine an entire switch yard under the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Post Show Debriefing

(...) I think it would. Specifically, the baseplates that we were using there are the ones with the majorly rounded corners, in other words, tons of room for wires to peek through. If we make sure that the wires aren't twisted, and even space them (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Post Show Debriefing

(...) Agreed it looked MUCH better with the inside skirting. (...) I've been doing some thinking on this. For the last show we put a lot of wires up under the monorail track. This looked really good. I'm going to build a little 'Power Station' type (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Pictures please!

We need the pics you guys took from the last show. If they need to be scanned drop them off at our place and we can scan them. Otherwise ZIP them up and put them on the FTP server and I'll pop them into the VLC Brickshelf account. The one downside (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Next Show?

I'll be calling around the group today to get feedback on the upcoming shows. I'll post later. Robin (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Money

We need to square away everyone's contributions to the show. Please collect your receipts and email the details and totals to me. We'll want to collect the receipts later, so keep them handy and bring them to the next meeting / show. I'll keep a (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Post Show Debriefing

Hi guys, Well, it's time that we turned our minds towards the next show, whichever one that is. Let's take another look at our layout, logistics, organization, etc. and see if we can't improve on it. I've listed a few points. There are no doubt many (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Next Show?

I pretty much concur with Bryan. I'm a little stressed over a few personal projects I've on the go. I'm all for the Trains 2001 Show though!!! But we should look to see what's available for next year already too. Xan "Bryan Wong" (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Next Show?

(...) If we are going to do this show we MUST decide now, as it's coming up VERY fast... (...) We are confirmed and definitely doing the Trains 2001 show. After that we might be changing the layout? Since it will be 2002. -- Dean Husby LUGNET Member (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Next Show?

(...) (Woah I just read Robin's message dated May 1st and I just realized that a lot of those ideas were actually incorporated into our most recent display!) Ok for convenience I'll re-post the upcoming shows & dates: 1)Name: Mount Cheam Lion's (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Next Show?

We REALLY need to decide on our next show. Should we call a meeting or do it online? Time's running out... Dean -- Dean Husby LUGNET Member #320 TFM's LEGO Workshop - www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm The Vancouver LEGO Club - www.akasa.bc.ca/vlc/ (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Contacting Bryan and Paul

Can someone email me with Bryan and Paul's phone numbers? I've lost them and I need to get in touch to arrange to get my buildings etc back. Thanks! Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (...) (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Are LEGO "Train" Clubs endanger of becoming LEGO "Town" Clubs?

(...) This isn't directly related to this discussion but it is relevant to what our club (VLC) is experiencing right now. Our club is a general club, not a train club. We have a few dedicated Train members (Myself included) and several people that (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact