 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1371
Re: Next Show?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 20:11:42 GMT

I pretty much concur with Bryan.  I'm a little stressed over a few personal
projects I've on the go.  I'm all for the Trains 2001 Show though!!!  But we
should look to see what's available for next year already too.

Xan

"Bryan Wong" <green_paper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Dean Husby writes:
We REALLY need to decide on our next show.

Should we call a meeting or do it online?

Time's running out...

(Woah I just read Robin's message dated May 1st and I just realized that a
lot of those ideas were actually incorporated into our most recent • display!)

Ok for convenience I'll re-post the upcoming shows & dates:

1)Name:  Mount Cheam Lion's Train Show
Specifics:  Chilliwack, October 20 and 21, 2001
Details:  Non profit fundraiser for community development, including
the Fraser Valley Child Development Center

2)Name:  2nd Annual Railfest
Specifics:  Bear Creek Park, Surrey, September 2, 2001
Details:  Fundraiser (non-profit) for Surrey Food Bank

3)Name:  Trains 2001
Specifics:  Cameron Rec. Centre, Burnaby, November 11, 2001
Details:  Large, for profit (we get paid) show (the one we were in
last year)

First, I am quite busy these days so I'd prefer not to go too far out to
setup our display.  Second, (call me greedy) if we don't get anything out • of
it, then I'd rather not do it.  So based on those two factors, I'm only in
favour of #3 from above...

That's my online opinion.  :)

On a separate note, I also like the plexiglass idea based on your • discussions.

-Bryan