 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 97
  Re: Is Sumo in or out? Please make it "in"!

"David Schilling" <davidNO@SPAMsunteleia.com> wrote in message news:G3L9v1.JCA@lugnet.com... (...) It (...) If the competitions we do in Toronto ever went that public, I think that I'd politely decline attending future events... :-/ (*far* too much (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is Sumo in or out? Please make it "in"!

(...) WOW, this is something i never thought about. how many other would not want to participate in a more public event?? what is our focus? (no really) :) are we aiming for a HUGE pay per view "battle bots" type show, or will we remain a small (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is Sumo in or out? Please make it "in"!

(...) I didn't think there was any pressure really at the competition on Saturday, though some of the other contestants might have felt otherwise. (1) It was very fun, especially *because* there was so large a crowd cheering the robots on. Remember, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is Sumo in or out? Please make it "in"!

(...) You know, I'd rather it stay reasonably small at around 100 people or less. The largest we've had is 70+ and that's already a litle large. I like it when people can go up to Jin or Rob and ask them how their robot works, and that those folks (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is Sumo in or out? Please make it "in"!

(...) Hmmm... I can see both sides to this dilemma. Similar to Iain, I am no fan of pressure. When you spend as many agonizing hours over your robot as you do, it becomes a big attachment. You surely don't want it to disapppoint. After the last (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is Sumo in or out? Please make it "in"!

(...) Rob, that was a wonderful design and I'm currently implementing some of your ideas in my next stacker. So the focus... hmmm... I go for the challenge and whether there's 5 people or 5 thousand, to me it doesn't matter. I find the people who (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)