 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8731
Re: Don't move I dropped a brick on the floor....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 02:14:23 GMT

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@rogers.com> wrote:

under battery, drive for 10 seconds can change every run, but under AC • drive for 10
seconds is always the same spot.

I'd argue that you're using a bad design if a critical system on your
machine is open-loop and relies on timing.  You can't blame that on an
unreliable power source - your machine should be able to operate reliably
under all conditions that might arise.  Asking for AC in that case is the
easy way out.

I don't think anyone's going to get tangled up in a cord if it's logically
designed (ie, trail it out the back, directly toward the fixed wall that the
robot starts against).

So, I dunno.  Doesn't matter to me, I guess!

    Iain