 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8719
8718  |  8720
Subject:
Don't move I dropped a brick on the floor....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 02:18:16 GMT

So,

my plan was to spend ALL day working on the robot.

(Bruce, the lego robot stuff is 2 or 3 paragraphs down)

until, I fired up the trusty SUPERCOMPUTER (tm) and played a few legal
copies of ripped CD's from my personal collection.......

when low and behold macafee yells at me and says that winamp.exe is
infected with BugBear.

!!W H A T ?!!!

arg..... thus starts the next 5 hours worth of deep scanning all
machines on my home LAN.

damn. I feel like dave. except he gets PAID for it, and he can chastise
his fellow employee's. (a s opposed to me, who cant yell at Kate for
opening up all those dumb attachments her friends send her)

turns out it was not that Linksys router .....  it was Kate's machine.
happily re-infecting all machines with open shares.

(don't you dare tell me that's what I deserve.  its my home, my LAN
behind a damn good firewall, I can have an open share between Kate's
computer, and mine.... )

ARGH!

so,

from 2pm to about now.... I've built, rebuilt, programmed, and
re-programmed the first part of my winning entry.

BRUCE!

I now have a conveyor that will flush out RICE, and line up all the
bricks for me to process.  its 100%

and thanks to rob's  simple statement when he was lamenting about how
the kids don't get Brick, plate, plate, brick (repeat) I now have a
bullet proof conveyor.

!! CALUM !!

I cant afford all the batteries this thing is going to eat.... if part
of my robot is stationary, I would like to use AC power. (much like we
did for Project X)

group thoughts?

comments?? (about the robot)

Chris