 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8474
Re: HI, Dave, HI Iain.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:23:30 GMT

I dislike strongly my new cable company.  My last one gave me 3 ip addy's.  This
one gives me 1, and hten charges me 5 bucks per each add'l ip address.

As well, my website isn't working!

Grr!

(though FTP still works but that's just not good 'nuff!)

So I'm strongly considering finding alternative solutions to having my own web
server.

Work isn't fun with MSBlaster--all network systems got hit and we're d/l'ding
patches to all 500 systems across Canada and, with network traffic being what it
is due to the virus, is difficult at best.

I drove out to Kitchener yesterday and just as I was stepping foot into the
branch, I got called back to the head office in burlington, so there's two hours
of driving wasted.  I could've slept in!!

and now I'm ahlfway thru the list of branches nad the ones that aren't done are
calling me every 5-10 minutes for a 'status update' and it's like "the more you
call the slower I'll be!" but they call anyway...

few things--NetMeeting is great.  Client COnnection Manger in Terminal server is
awesome, SMS, though slow, does a remarkable job, and all this remote admin
stuff just makes my life oh so much easier.

Dave K