 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8301
Re: November Hobby Show Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 01:46:40 GMT

Okay, here's the deal:

November is Hobby Show.  I think it'll be really cool if we could bring some
Lego Trains or Lego Robotics.

This might be a stupid question, but... does it have to be one OR the other?  Is
it possible to have a bit of both?

a) Run rtl14 revisited there for show.  Everyone keeps their Rice Robots for a
month or two, then we run it on site as a show of How Cool Lego Robotics Is.
(Chris, don't complain we dont' show off Robots more often)

I think any robots would be great.  Whether it's a few from the last competition
or just some more basic examples... I know they'll go over well.

What about something like the bot you had on Breakfast Television... the one
that couldn't fall off the table.  I think that little bot, perched up on a
raised platform sitting on top of the table, would draw a lot of people in to
take a look.  If it helps... I'll build just such a platform, if someone will
bring a bot like that.

b) Show a train layout.  What train layout?  Halfway to train6/2004?  A
"special" mix like the Roadshow 2003 layout--ie, take pieces of train5/NMRA and
reuse (ie, the Dam (tm), the Station (tm), etc).  Dave, you said you were
thinking of doing some train shows on your own-want to do Hobby Show in this
manner?

I think I mentioned, you've got quite a bit of space to play with, to set up a
train layout.  All I can suggest is to bring what you want... I'm pretty sure we
can accomodate it.

c) Build something cool onsite as a display-ie, a mosaic over the weekend?

I was hoping someone would suggest something like this.  I think having one (or
more) building projects on the go during the weekend would be great.  This is
certainly more interactive for people to see and would provide additional
drawing power to the booth.

Thanks guys!
Allan B.